Border Road Organization (BRO) has published a notification on its official website declaring the extension of the registration date for various posts and increasing the number of vacancies.
No of vacancies in BRO have been increased from 246 to 323 and the last date of receipt of application has been extended from 11 October 2022 to November 10, 2022. The extension of deadline applies to all candidates from those staying in plains to those in far-flung areas.
What is the Border Roads Organization?
The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is a road construction executive force in India that provides support to the Indian Armed Forces and is now also a part of the IAF. BRO develops and maintains road networks in India’s border areas and friendly neighboring countries including infrastructure operations in 19 states and three union territories as well as neighboring countries such as Afghanistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, Tajikistan and Sri Lanka. By 2022, BRO had constructed over 55,000 kilometres of roads, over 450 permanent bridges having a total length of over 44,000 metres and 19 airfields in strategic locations.
The vacancies have been increased for Draughtsman, Operator (Communication), Electrician, Multi Skilled Worker (Black Smith & Cook).
The online registrations started on 13 August 2022. In order to apply online, candidates need to visit the official website of BRO, bro.gov.in. However, the application form has to be submitted offline and after downloading it from the official website.
The candidate must be between the below-specified age limit for the posts mentioned:
For general category, candidate’s age must be between 18 to 27 years in order to apply for the post of Draughtsman, Supervisor (Administration), Supervisor Stores, Supervisor Cipher, Hindi Typist, Operator(Communication), Electrician, Welder, and MSW (Black Smith).
For the OBC category candidates, age relaxation is up to 3 years, and for the SC/ST category candidates, age relaxation of up to 5 years.
For the post of MSW (Cook), the candidates belonging to general category, must be between 18 to 25 years of age. For OBC and SC/ST category candidates, relaxation up to 3 and 5 years is provided respectively.
The updated vacancy details for BRO Recruitment 2022 are as follows:
- Draughtsman: 16
- Operator (Communication): 46
- Electrician: 43
- Multi-Skilled Worker (Black Smith): 27
- Multi-Skilled Worker (Cook): 133
- Supervisor (Administration): 7
- Supervisor Stores: 13
- Supervisor Cipher: 9
- Hindi Typist: 10
- Welder: 24
Steps to apply for BRO Recruitment 2022:
- Go to the official website of the Border Road Organisation – bro.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on Recruitment, and then go to ‘Recruitment Rules’
- You shall find the Recruitment documents. Thereafter, click on the link that reads – Joining Instructions and Documents required for successful candidates.
- A PDF file, containing all the forms that are to be filled shall be displayed.
- Get all the forms printed, fill them neatly and get them duly signed by a person in authority
- Attach the required documents as mentioned in the PDF along with the form.
- Put all the forms and documents in an envelope and post them to the following address –‘Commandant, GRFE Centre, Dighi Camp, Pune – 411015’
Selection Procedure for BRO Recruitment 2022:
- Firstly, candidates have to appear for the written test and qualifying candidates, will be called for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT).
- After this, they are required to appear for Practical and Trade Test.
- After clearing all the above rounds, candidates have to go through Document Verification and Medical Examination.