Life is like a beautiful rose garden, but thorns are always there. There are two energies around us, one is positive, and one is negative. Both energies are working on us. But if they are not working at a similar pace, it starts to harm us. A positive one plays a positive role in our life, but a negative one gives only negativity. Thus, it is vital to learn how to deal with negative people. Life gives us many opportunities. Someone is negative, and someone is positive. The matter is how we use these opportunities in our life. It is famously said that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. It implies that not a single chance is negative, it only depends on our utilization and learning how to deal with negative people.
Like this, we are surrounded by negative people in our life. Now, how to deal with negative people and overcome this negativity. Negativity can be in any form, like in people, in the workplace, in the form of habit, etc.
Types of Negativity:
- Cynicism: Distrust of people and their motives.
- Hostility: Introvert in making relationships and connections.
- Filtering: Thinking negatively in all moments, whether it is a happy moment.
- Polarized thinking: Feeling of imperfections that make them horrible.
- Jumping to the conclusion: It gives the conclusion without understanding the whole case.
- Catastrophizing: Belief that crisis is inevitable.
- Blaming: Blaming others for everything, sometimes blaming self is also considered.
- Emotional reasoning: Using emotions to identify what is real or not.
- The fallacy of Change means thinking that you can be happy if people change.
- Heaven’s reward fallacy: Becoming distressed and bitter when the result is not according to you. However, you know that hard work has its rewards.
How can we identify negative people?
To learn how to deal with negative people, we must identify them. Many natures show a person’s negative thoughts. Let’s see some of them:
- Perfectionism: When a person thinks I am the only best and no one is there who is better than him, it shows their negative behaviour and affects others.
- Judgemental: The quick judgment regarding others shows their negative behaviour because a sudden meeting or short meeting can never say everything about anyone.
- Self-doubt: Everyone should be confident about themselves because your strength is your confidence. So if anyone doubts themselves, it means they have a negative nature.
- Assuming the worst will happen: This means never thinking positively when an individual always thinks about the worst thing, then it shows negative behaviour.
- Worry: Negative people always worry about the past, present, and future. This affects them and others also.
- Complaining: Negative people can never be satisfied with any result. They are always complaining about situations.
- Trying to dominate: Negative people always insist others work according to them because they are the best.
How can negative people affect you?
- Always worries you: Negative people always worry you because their behaviour is different from yours, which makes you feel left out. They used to make you uncomfortable because their nature was always dominating.
- Avoid experiments: When you are with negative people, they stop you from doing experiments. They avoid doing new things because they are afraid of negative results. They think that everything will be worse.
We have seen the types and some effects of negative people. Ask yourself why we let negative people become heavier on us. When life is ours, then why do they rule over us? Now, you would have known why learning how to deal with negative people is important.
How to prevent ourselves from being with negative people?
Let’s talk about some ways that can help in learning how to deal with negative people by avoiding them:
- Protect your time: Avoid wasting time on negative people. They ask your companion because you are listening to them, and they are used to just talking and talking negatively. That is all about the waste of your time and energy. If something is not vital to you, then avoid listening.
- Choose your attitude: Don’t be flexible because anyone can negatively use your behaviour. Your consistent attitude can make a distance that protects your self-respect. Your self-respect is very important, so protect it from negative people.
- Rearrange your thoughts: If your thoughts attract negative people, then rearrange them because they protect you from negativity. Thoughts can be in any form, either a good one or a bad one. You should always think according to your comfort zone.
- Behave productively: When negative people surround you, you need to behave properly so that your impression is productive for them. It is very important because it helps make a boundary between you.
- Seek out a positive person: Try to avoid negative people because they are harming you. They can harm you physically or mentally, so try to find positive people.
- Maintain distance: When you realize negativity around you, start maintaining distance. This step can help you with problems and build your personality as well.
- Try to stay busy: Negative people use to kill your time and energy, so try to make yourself busy whenever you know that he/she is reaching out to you. Start doing something, start talking to someone else, or you can change your way also.
- Avoid arguments: You often see a person being rigid in their statements, so leave them there and stay calm because you know their negative nature. Always try to stay away from arguments because they can kill your time, and sometimes you also.
- No need for explanation: When you find someone blaming you without any reason, then avoid them and change your way. You are correct and partial, so there is no need to explain yourself. This is their problem that he/she is unable to understand you. They should change their mentality and understand you are not subject to Change.
- Try to hear out: Sometimes you are not always correct. At the initial point, try to hear out and understand them. You can try once to understand why they are behaving like this. Is it their problem or yours? This step may change you or them.
- Understand negativity: When you judge instantly, try to find out and understand the situation. Sometimes you may be unaware of the reality, but you can try to find out.
- Every character has a story. Yes, it is the truth that no one is bad by birth. The situation makes them bad. So try to understand the negativity.
- Find common ground: Leave it to them when you are stuck in an argument. If you interrupt anyone in an argument, but he/she continues to argue, tell them to please carry on and finish first. This can help you in finding common ground. When you can find common ground, then negativity can be lesser between both of you.
- You are not a problem solver: If you are finding that someone is only coming to you with their negativity and to solve their problems always, then stop yourself from involving their problem. Because you are not a problem solver, you have your dignity, so always try to protect your image. You are an asset to yourself, so you have value.
- Give yourself a break: When you find that you are only used by others, draw a line between you and others. Preserve your self-respect. Give yourself a break. Because negative people are not always there for you, only they are only for themselves and to harm you as well.
We have seen many ways by which we can help us learn how to deal with negative people. Thus, our life requires a safeguard for protection from negativity.
Common effects of negativity that challenges our daily life:
- Chest pain
- Upset stomach
- Social withdrawal
- Changes in metabolism, like overeating or undereating
You are the only ruler of your life, then why are you allowing others to interrupt here? Yes, this is our life, and this is our choice. How can we make our life happier and healthier?
To become healthier, we have to take care of mental peace. But this peace can be harmed by many other things like negative people, a negative environment, etc. Thus you must know how to deal with negative people. So always try to protect yourself from negative people.
When you start to love yourself, you automatically prevent yourself from negative energies. And when you are successful in prevention, you are the winner of your life
You can try many things when you are upset by negativity. You can try cooking, singing, playing, meditation, yoga, watching movies, playing with kids, talking to your best friends, and many more. Sometimes crying also helps in overcoming your mental chaos.
Share your problems with your parents or loved ones. They can help you in this struggle. Sharing is always caring, so don’t forget to share your pains. If you are uncomfortable with people, try writing it in your diary. Paper is the best friend to hide your secrets
Life is beautiful; love your life and live your life.
Socialbuzzness features articles on and about technology, business, lifestyle, and health. Socialbuzzness covers all kinds of news, including entertainment, technology, business, and finance.