What are realistic goals?
You can also be setting realistic goals usually in your daily life it can be anything you can achieve with your specific determinant mindset, skills, and abilities with the help of current timeframe and motivation. Realistic goals help you with what you want to achieve but also with another way around what you can achieve in this timeframe.
For example, cooking your favorite food once a week or can be learning to improve your communication skill within 1 month. It can be said that you can achieve these goals by keeping in mind that the current situation is right, these are more specific than long-term goals that are difficult to accomplish. Realistic goals are the specific driven goals their success rate is significantly high. Goals can help your build self-confidence, self-esteem, and happiness while achieving a sense of well-being. Realistic goals are more motivating as they fix their bar according to their preferences than those that set the bar too high which makes them think twice before achieving it.
Setting specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound(SMART) goals or objectives are steps that can be followed to achieve longer period goals on your wish. It helps you to take real-time action on your premises or grants. It is one of the easiest ways to achieve your goals with motivation. These goals help you start taking action and let you know what you are accomplishing from what you set out on your realistic goals.
What do you mean by Smart Objectives?
SMART stands for specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound.
Be more specific about what you want to achieve, what will be done to achieve goals, and who will do it. It specifies that you are clear and direct with your goals.
Setting up realistic goals makes it reasonable to devote your time so that you can progress with it These goals are based on a realistic approach toward the difficulties faced by the community. These are the action plans which you have to work on.
It fits the purpose of your grant, it fits your routine and the schedule under which you have decided of accomplishing the goals. It fits the vision. It needed to be something which wanted to gain.
Every goal has a time bound involved in it. It motivates you to do it within the timeframe set for you. Fix your limits and then try to stick with them.
Steps to have realistic goals
- Think of ideas that you want to achieve and have greater importance in your life.
- Choose the specific idea from the created list that you set as a goal to achieve and that you want to work upon.
- Determine the objectives behind the goals which you started to work upon. So to do that you have to first come up with your plan of action to execute it in your work.
- Once you are clear with your goals and plans you can move your plan into action.
- After doing this, set your goals according to your schedule under the time frame of your convenience.
- Evaluate your progress daily by keeping a check on a task accomplishment. Be sure to be flexible and do not restrain yourself and try to change objectives according to your goals.
- Consider a personal limitation, it makes you restrain yourself and put into thinking that these goals are unrealistic. So you should consider whether the goals set up are realistic for you or not.
- Write down your challenges or limitation that will develop a clear picture of the challenges you face while executing the task.
- Determine the external obstacle, some external obstacles are out of your control. That makes it harder to achieve your goals. Try to anticipate losses in advance so that you come up with an idea to solve them. Then in the future, it does not come as a challenge to achieve your goals.
- You need to have some research about the goals you have made. Determining how challenging this goal might be for you require some research about it. The more you get to know the better you will be at achieving those goals.
- While doing research work tries to get answers to these questions: what skill do you need to possess? What lifestyle challenges do you need to make to achieve these goals? How much does it cost you? How long will it take to accomplish the task?
- Put in your necessary time and effort to achieve the goals, This is will make you committed to your work, and once you realize that you have felt something change in yourself what is better than that? The feeling of satisfaction is a must after doing that for yourself.
Benefits derived from setting goals
- Goals improve your self-image and self-motivation to do work and accomplish the goals set.
- Makes you aware of your strength and weaknesses to overcome the external obstacles or challenges faced by you, it makes you more self-aware of yourself and makes capable of finding a solution to the problem by you.
- It gives a sense of realization about your goals in the past that contributes to the success of today. It’s your past decisions that will make your present better.
- Helps you to get on track and gives you the path to see where you have to go and get experiences from that.
- Forces you to set priorities and gain experiences from that, it helps you make a sensible person. By knowing what you want to work on yourself.
- It helps you achieve your goals in reality.
- You become more responsible for your success and failures.
- It makes you independent in taking your decision and sharpens your decision-making skills.
There are some difficulties that you might face toward reaching these goals. After you’ve started working on a goal you will notice it is not as easy as you anticipated. If that is the case you can always revisit the process it will help you to get back on track. You need to make revisions as you go further. It is easy to understand what you think is the goal, but writing them and following the guidelines might get difficult for you. And it also takes a lot of time to accomplish that. But do not get discouraged along the way. It will ultimately be worth pushing through obstacles that arise to limit yourself. But also remind yourself, what is the objective you want to achieve behind that process. It will always help you to stay committed to getting the output from that.