We all have observed an increase in high-tempered and stubborn kid nowadays. Very few children are behaving like kids. The level of anger, high temper, and stubborn nature are at their peak.
Meaning of high temper
High-tempered and stubborn kids are characterized by their behaviour of becoming angry quickly at any time and with anyone. High-tempered nature is good as well as bad at the same time.
Meaning of stubborn
High-tempered and stubborn kids have the nature to refuse personal decisions or plans. This nature never demands or follows others’ opinions, as they think only their opinions or plans are best.
Is this kind of manner for all aged people?
Yes, there is no doubt that this type of mannerism is present in people of all ages. Kids are stubborn about their pieces of stuff, adults are stubborn about their privacy, and old aged people are stubborn about their opinion. This is only an overview. There are lots of reasons that make an individual high-tempered and stubborn.
Let’s see some reasons that make a person high-tempered and stubborn.
What are the reasons that make a person high-tempered and stubborn?
The following are the reasons children become high-tempered and stubborn kids:
- Depression: Nowadays, there is no age for depression. Anyone can be depressed in their life. And this state of mental health leads a person to be high-tempered and stubborn. When people have no mental peace, they lose control of their minds.
- Overload: When a person has lots of burdens on their head. It may be in any form, like workload, study load, family pressure, job pressure, etc. When a person has overload, then they become high-tempered and stubborn.
- Loneliness: When a person is too alone in their life, and no one is there to share their feelings, they become high-tempered and stubborn. This is because when people store everything in themselves, they only have lots of things that they make tense every time. This makes them high-tempered.
- Self proud: When a person has pride that he is the only one who is best, this sense of feeling makes them stubborn.
- Excess love: When all demands are fulfilled in the name of love, then it means excess love that makes a kid stubborn. When a kid becomes stubborn, you fulfil all the requirements; otherwise, they will be high-tempered.
- Less attention: Kids need more attention than anyone. If a child doesn’t get proper care and attention, there are many chances of becoming high-tempered and stubborn.
- Mobile phones: Nowadays, kids are very involved with technology. They know high-tech things at a young age, affecting their mental peace. This makes them high-tempered and stubborn.
- Environment: Generally, parents debate in front of their kids. That is very bad for the development of a kid. Parents should give a proper environment to their kids.
- Effect of violence: The mind of a kid is like clay. We can give them shape according to us. Living in such an environment full of violence makes a high-tempered and stubborn kid.
How can we build behaviour that is free of anger and high-tempered nature in our kids?
A high-tempered and stubborn kid is built according to the environment provided by their parents or family members. Let’s see some tips that can shape our kids in a better frame:
- Provide a peaceful environment: Never try to show violent related scenes to your kids. This makes them violent as well. Always try to give them a joyful environment. This makes them a positive character.
- Try to distance yourself from mobile phones: Nowadays, mobiles and all the mediums that are the source of entertainment contain a lot of things in them, and when a kid is handling such a type of medium, they can access everything. During this, some programs and games harm them mentally. This also contributes to making a high-tempered and stubborn kid.
- Never force: Try to contact your kids familiarly so that they never misunderstand themselves. Never try to control them.
- Focus on effective learning: Always give them effective knowledge that makes them calm and observe. This helps them in the formation of their personality as well.
What are the ways to handle a high-tempered and stubborn kid?
We are going to discuss some ways that can help you in handling high-tempered and stubborn kids.
- Use distraction: When you see that your kid has stuck on the same thing, then try to distract them from that particular thing. Try to use toys, outdoor games, natural insight, pets, and many more.
- Don’t argue: When your kid is arguing or shouting or doing high-tempered behaviour, then leave them for a while. Don’t argue with them. This can make them harsher.
- Make connections: You should make a friendly relationship with your kid so that they can feel lighter in their home.
- Choice of elimination: When you see that your kid is forced for the same thing, then try to give them options that can make them a sense of elimination. This can make high-tempered and stubborn kids easier to handle.
- Be empathetic: Try to put yourself in the shoes of your kids. This makes you feel the same feeling that your kid feels. This can help you in analyzing them well.
- Maintain negotiating nature: It means trying to acknowledge all the desires but wisely. Never try to be rigid in your decision. Your kid may demand something different from you.
- Encourage always: Always encourage their talents and steps. Never try to dishearten them. This can make them ill-tempered and stubborn.
- Draw some manual boundaries: Try to make some boundaries that can make a realization of the limit. This can help them to maintain themselves by their requirements.
Kids are like clay. We can shape them according to us. But never forget this shape is going to be permanent.
In the current scenario, there are many high-tempered and stubborn kids. Kids or under-aged children are committing suicide. They are trying to commit murders. They are trying for thievery. We can see the increasing case of crimes that are committed by kids. Here, kids mean not only 4-5 years of children. Kids mean under-aged persons.
Have you ever thought about why such types of cases are increasing day by day? This is all because of the environment in which kids are living. If they are not living in a safe and literate kind of environment, then their minds are converting into high-tempered and stubborn natures.
Being a parent and a guardian, one should always focus on the development of their kids, which should be effective and humble. Kids require proper attention and always try to behave according to their requirements. But yes, never forget excessive love and attention is also harmful to them. Everything should always be within the limit.
Never forget: Good parenting means good behaviour of kids.